What did you think of the result?
The song writing competition Cân i Gymru was discussed on Twitter during the live broadcast on Sunday 4 March.
Gai Toms and Philip Jones were the winners with the song Braf yw Cael Byw.
In second place, and receiving a prize of £2,000, was Rhydian Pugh with the song Cynnal y Fflam, and in third place, with the prize of £1,000 was Nia Davies Williams and Sian Owen with the song Cain.
Here are some of the responses to the result:
- Woke up, and Braf yw Cael Byw is still in my head. Well, that and Derfel’s amazing walk-on. Congratulations @GaiToms and Phil! #CiG2012
- Congratulations to @gaitoms on winning Cân i Gymru tonight, at last.
- #CIG2012 “Braf yw cael byw, o fy nuw”. A feel good song to raise my spirits tonight.
- Excellent lyrics in a lot of the Cân i Gymru songs tonight. Nice to see Gai Toms winning at last! #CIG2012
- Congratulations to @gaitoms and Phil, the best song won! #cig2012
- I preferred cig2011, when they had a rapper. #CIG2012
- Half of Twitter is glad that ‘Braf yw Cael Byw’ has won, the other half seem angry… I’m saying nothing, for a change! #cig2012
- #CIG2012 well done Gai Toms. Blaenau is proud of you. Carry on the hard work.
- Apart from Garth Celyn and the performance, after watching #CIG2012 it seems that the Welsh are a very untalented lot!
- Despite all the jokes, a win for Gai Toms is important for the future of Stiwdio Sbensh studio to continue developing Welsh music #CIG2012
Read all the comments – the good and the bad – on Twitter #CIG2012
Watch the competition again at 9.30 Saturday night, 10 March or anytime on Clic.