To start S4C’s season of programmes about the Romany Gypsy community in Wales, there was another chance on Sunday 17 June to see the classic film based on the book by T. Llew Jones – Tân ar y Comin.
Many of you were glad of the chance to see the classic film again, and it is still available to watch any time on Clic.
- Enjoying Tân ar y Comin #WelshFilms
- Tân ar y Comin #classic
- Tân ar y Comin… superb fair play, like star wars, black beauty, snatch and gladiator in one!
- Tân ar y Comin on S4C… shame they don’t do things like this no more.
- One of S4C’s classics is on – Tân ar y Comin. Easier to watch the programme than read the book by T. Llew #tanarycomin
- Tân ar y Comin… One of the rare films I can watch over and over again.
- Enjoying Tân ar y Comin. And seeing Edward Woodward (Wicker Man) in a Welsh film is great!
Between 25 and 30 June, Ifan Jones Evans and Shân Cothi will be travelling around west Walesin a Gypsy caravan for the TV series Y Sipsiwn.
It all starts with a preview programme on Thursday 21 June 8.25pm.
Then watch every night from Monday 25 June to Saturday 25 June as they travel from Llangrannog to Rosebush.
Join in the journey at a series of free events held along the route.
Tân ar y Comin marked the start of Gypsy season on S4C including documentaries about the history of the Gypsies in Wales, a look at the Romany Gypsy society’s present life in Wales and a programme on Romany Gypsy music.
There will also be a chance to see the award-winning film Eldra, based on the early life of Romany Eldra Jarman.