Special programmes in July celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Welsh Language Society.
The documentary Cymdeithas yr Iaith yn 50 on Tuesday 10 July assessed the first 50 years of the Society. From the first protest onTrefechanBridge in Aberystwyth, to the powerful campaigns for bilingual road signs and a Welsh language television channel.
Then on Friday and Saturday night, 13 and 14 July, Gig50 broadcasted live from the birthday concerts held at Pafiliwn Bont, Pontrhydfendigaid.
- Inspirational programme about Welsh Language Society tonight. Well done @s4carlein and @rondomedia. On to the next 50 years.
- I think that the programme about 50 years of the Welsh Language Society is one of my favourite programmes ever.
- Special programme about the Welsh Language Society – a very important historical record. Excellent presenter too.
- It would be great if there was an English programme similar to the one on S4C about the Welsh Language Society.
- #gig50 shows how important current Welsh music is… more pop music programmes please. #s4c
- I enjoyed #gig50 on S4C last night. Not as good as being there but a very good programme. Looking forward to seeing more tonight.
- Is there a better presenter than Lisa Gwilym? No need to answer, a rhetorical question, of course there isn’t! #gig50
- Watching #gig50 back now, a quality production and @LisaGwilym doing a fantastic job at the helm #pro #moreofthisplease