We throw away 1 in 3 potatoes, so how about we give you some ideas for recipes with leftovers instead.
Leftover Jacket Potatoes…into Potato Wedges
What you need:
Heat Oven to 2400C, Cooked Leftover Jacket Potatoes, Olive Oil, Salt & Pepper, Optional: Dips (anything left in the fridge: crème fraîche, sour cream, salsa, sweet chilli sauce)
- Cut the cooked jacket potato in half, then cut each half into thirds.
- Place generous amount of olive oil in the baking tray, rub both sides of each individual potato wedge in the oil.
- Season the wedges with salt & pepper (and any other spices you might want to use).
- Put the baking tray with the wedges in the oven for 15-20mins at 2400C.
- Serve with any leftover dips/sauces you might have in your fridge.
Leftover New Potatoes…into ‘Tatws Pum Munud’ (Five Minute Potatoes!)
Yr hyn sydd ei angen:
- Deep frying pan
- Cooked Leftover New Potatoes
- Fried Onions (make sure these are cooked already)
- Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Slice the Potatoes
- Heat the frying pan until it’s hot then add a layer of potatoes.
- Add a layer of bacon & fried onions.
- Cover with chicken stock & add knob of butter.
- Repeat the process, layer of potatoes, bacon, fried onions and chicken stock until the pan is full or you’ve used all the potatoes.
- Season with salt & pepper and cook for 5 minutes or until bacon is cooked