- Child Trust Fund can be held with a lot of different companies, including Post Office, Banks, Credit Unions, and Building Societies. Approved list on direct.gov website.
- LOTS of different savings accounts available for children – all have different rates and deals/freebies. Worth shopping around.
- Maximum you can put in your child’s account in a year is £1,200.
- Be Aware – Children get taxed the same as adults.
- You can invest in junior bonds on behalf of your child/grandchild, but there are RISKS. Value can go up as well as down.
- Direct Gov Junior ISA
- Child Trust Fund: