The Programme Service
S4C's programme service is designed to provide a wide range of programmes for viewers of all ages, interests and in all parts of Wales.
S4C Content Strategy outlines...
The S4C Content Strategy builds on S4C's Creative Excellence iniative launched in 2004, and sets out the channel's vision as the provider of inventive, original, high-quality content that delivers value to audiences.
The Strategy notes that S4C will enhance and invest in its coverage of Welsh events, commision programmes that celebrate the Welsh landscape, offer high quality drama, top-class entertainment and music, feature high-profile sports coverage - particularly rugby and football.
Further 2012, all of S4C's commissioned content will be produced in High Definition (HD) format.
In partnership with our programme producers we are working to promote creative excellence. High production values with particular emphasis on visual style are a priority.
We operate a continuous development and commissioning process. This is a flexible and pro-active system which enables us to be responsive to audience needs and scheduling requirements. Ideas submitted will be given a prompt response in order to assist business planning.
We are open to ideas from all producers who are able to meet S4C's commissioning criteria and look forward to stimulating creative dialogue.
Programme Requirements Commissioning Window 2
Commissioning Window 2
Window 2 opens 12.00 mid-day 28 October 2011
Window 2 closes 12.00 mid-day 30 November 2011
Short list announced 19 December 2012
Commissions announced 18 January 2012
It should be noted that the Friday night slot for weeks 24, 29, 30, 48, 49, 50 and 51 is 2130-2230.
- Programme Requirements for Commissioning Window 1 2011 for transmission 1 March until end of May 2012
- S4C's Vision 2012
- S4C's Vision 2012 - Content Plan
- S4C's Vision 2012 - Delivery Plan
- S4C Diversity Commitment - May 2011
- The APC Code of Practice (The Alliance for the Protection of Copyright)
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2010
- Content Strategy 2009 - 2013
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2009
- S4C Corporate Plan 2009
- S4C Diversity Commitment -February 2010
- S4C Corporate Plan 2008-2009
- S4C Review of Statement of Programme Policy 2008
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2008
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2007 - Review
- S4C Corporate Plan 2007-2009
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2007
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2006 - Review
- Targets Table 2006
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2006
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2005 - Review
- S4C Programme Policy Statement 2005
- S4C Programme Strategy 2004 - 2009